ConnectivityWeek 2008 hosts the 5th annual Buildy Awards. The Buildy Awards is a unique opportunity to promote your peers, your company, or even yourself, as a leader in smart device connectivity, integration and interoperability.
Whether the primary specialty is control networks for Intelligent Building Systems, Access Control, HVAC, Lighting, Security, IT, Green Buildings, Intelligent Homes, Industrial solutions or power grid initiatives, the Buildy Awards recognize the individuals and organizations who have stepped up to the challenge of integrating systems into the entire scheme of connectivity. These individuals and organizations support the vision of connected control systems in which disparate systems are seamlessly integrated together to provide greater value from a technology investment.
See the 2007 Buildy Winners here.
What does it mean to win a Buildy Award?
- The opportunity to promote your peers, your company, or yourself as a leader in smart device connectivity and interoperability.
- Recognition as a leader in the building systems industry and an expert in true systems integration
- Promotion in ConnectivityWeek communication efforts
- Announcements and exposure in ConnectivityWeek media sponsor publications and Web sites
- The prestigious and recognizable Buildy Award for public display
- Use of the Buildy Award logo on company Web site or printed material
Buildy Nomination Categories for 2008
- Vision – This award will be presented to the industry professional who best demonstrates a vision of connectivity between various industries, technologies and energies through advocacy, promotion, educational and training endeavors.
- Open Initiative – This award honors a company or organization who has shown or launched a key initiative to enable or otherwise forward the subject of connecting intelligent systems. The initiative must be targeted specifically in the relevant technical or commercial subject surrounding connectivity of structures and energy.
- Green Initiative – This award honors the company or organization who has launched an initiative to use smart device connectivity to further the deployment or use of Green technologies and energy efficiency, in the context of green energy.
- Best New Product – This award honors a manufacturer whose new product or service overcame a significant challenge, enhanced, or simplified the smart device connectivity process.
- Building Connectivity Implementation – This award will be presented to the integrator, building owner or consultant with the most progressive building supporting the vision of whole building integration and intelligent buildings. The building must be currently occupied.
- Home Connectivity Implementation – This award will be presented to the developer or installer that uses smart device connectivity to best demonstrate energy efficiency in a residential application.
- GridWise Applied – Two awards will be presented, one to an organization for the best Smart Grid product, implementation, or project in accordance with GridWise Architecture Council interoperability principles and a second to an individual who best exemplifies the application of these principles.
- Automated Demand Response (DR) Implementation – This award will be presented to a company that has used smart device connectivity technologies to implement the best automated DR project.
Who Can Participate?
- Industry Professionals
- Systems Integrators
- Technology Manufacturers
- Developers and Facility Owners
- Architects and Consulting Engineers
How do I enter?
Candidates may enter the competition by nominating themselves, their own company or their peers by completing the application form available HERE. All nomination forms must be submitted electronically no later than April 15, 2008. Multiple submissions from the same company or individual and for different award categories will be accepted.
Submit forms to Frank Capuano at email@example.com.
How are award recipients selected?
All nominations will be reviewed by the ConnectivityWeek boards who will select the finalists. The award recipient will be elected by ConnectivityWeek attendees on during ConnectivityWeek, starting on Tuesday, May 20, 2008, except the GridWise Applied Awards that are elected by the GridWise Architecture Council. Announcement of the winners will take place during the Industry Gala, Thursday, May 22, 2008 at ConnectivityWeek in Santa Clara, California.
Nominees must be present or have a representative present to win.
If you have any questions, please contact Frank Capuano at 505-301-5166 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.